Friday, October 31, 2008

The cemetary

Below are the pictures of the burial of my father-in-law. The funeral was on October 17, the same day my son Chad turned 24. It was a sad day as we will all miss him. We have many nice memories of him. My hubby John will surely miss him and so will all of his grandchildren. John and his sister Sandra (from Arizona) sat with him for many hours in the hospital and were able to be with him when he passed away. I feel bad that I could not be there as I was in Washington State at the time he took a turn for the worse. I flew home three days early and my two sons were able to fly home the day before the funeral.

The day of the funeral was cold, but the fall colors were still brilliant at the cemetary. It was nice that he had a military service after the funeral service at his church. They performed the 21 gun salute, said a prayer and played taps. We were fortunate to have all our children come home for the funeral. It was a sad time, but was still a nice time to be together for each others support, strength, and prayers.

No comments: