Sunday, August 24, 2008

My first blueberry pie of the season!



I baked these pies at my daughter's house. I mixed some tame store bought berries with our wild picked Copper Country blueberries. MMM!!! this is my favorite pie. I absolutely love blueberries and picking them. I hope to get out picking this week for more. We like to fill the freezer up with berries for the winter.

My recipe: I make my crust with butter, flour, egg, vinegar, salt and sugar and water.
Prepare pastry for 2-crust 9 inch pie. Combine 4 cups fresh blueberries with 3/4 to 1 cup sugar, 3 Tablespoons flour, 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg, and a dash of salt. I use nutmeg or a combo of both. Line 9-inch pie plate with pastry. Fill. Sprinke with 1 teaspoon lemon juice, dot with butter. Adjust top crust, cutting slits for escape of steam. Seal. Bake at 400 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve warm, if desired.

No comments: